Senior Class Giving "Pass the Hat" 2018
What is the Senior Class Giving "Pass the Hat" Campaign?
The goal of the Senior Class Giving "Pass the Hat" campaign is to be the Duquesne University class that makes the most gifts before graduating. The record was set by the Class of 2016 with 119 gifts.
Gifts can be designated to your favorite area of campus (there is an area on the donation form to fill this in) and even a gift of $5 will really make a difference!
This has become a tradition at many University's and started at Duquesne in 2015. By making your senior gift, you can help ensure that the amazing opportunities and experiences we have had over the past four years will continue to be available to the students who come after us.
I already pay tuition. Why should I give?
This is a totally valid concern! But the truth is tuition and fees only cover about 74.7% of University expenses. And there is so much that goes into the Duquesne experience! Donations play a major role in supporting academics, scholarships, activities, organizations, and a safe and clean environment—all of which are a vital and valuable part of our daily lives on campus.
Where will my money go?
That’s up to you! When you make your senior gift, you decide its designation. You will be able to donate to any of the following areas:
- The Duquesne Fund (University’s Areas of Greatest Need)
- Your Academic School
- Campus Ministry
- Greek Organizations
- Gumberg Library
- Student Scholarships
- Have another program in mind? Gifts can also be directed towards specific funds.
How much should I give?
In honor of our graduation year, we suggest a gift of $20.18. However, even a gift of $5 will make a difference! Every donation truly counts. So give what you can, and have fun doing it.
I’m in. What’s next?
There are two ways you can support this campaign:
- Donate. Make your donation online now. It only takes a few moments. Simply hit the “Give Now” button!
- Spread the Word. Help us spread the word of this campaign to fellow seniors! Share this page via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or word of mouth. All of those shares will really add up to help make the campaign a success.
Thank you for your consideration and support!
Senior Giving Committee 2018
- Selene Maggio, Chair of the Senior Giving Committee
- Gabriella Benninger
- Lauren Casterano
- Karly Dancsecs
- Chandler Daneil
- Ann Therese Lambo
- Catrina Macri
- Abby Marotta
- Ally Miller
- Courtney Okesky
- Darian Reynolds
- Katie Rhone
- Julia Rodriguez
- Janey Walters