Phi Kappa Theta
Welcome to Our Crowdfunding Page!
We are the active brothers of Duquesne University's Chapter of Phi Kappa Theta and want to thank you for taking time to check out our crowdfunding campaign! As you know, we value brotherhood, education and service and a successful campaign would help us to make these efforts even stronger while also showing the Duquesne University community the strong bond we have with our alumni brothers and friends.
What are the Phi Kaps up to at Duquesne University?
We have a very active chapter this year, hosting 36 active members, along with 6 associate members about to join the brotherhood officially. A lot of our members are very active in the fraternity itself, as well as with the Duquesne University and Pittsburgh communities as well! Some of our recent accomplishments include
- Raising around $1500 for Children’s Miracle Network by hosting our annual Monte Carlo Night casino event for students, faculty, and alumni! Our event was very successful this year brining in over 100 people to attend!
- We’ve also hosted many tabling sessions selling baked goods to the Duquesne community in order to raise funds. On top of all that, we have continued our annual Lenten fish fry for the campus donating around $2500 to Children’s Miracle Network this year!
- We placed second in Duquesne’s Greek Carnival with Zeta Tau Alpha and we were recognized by our national organization with an award for our outstanding philanthropy and membership development.
- This year, we will also be initiating Bishop David Zubik as an honorary member and brother of Phi Kappa Theta as he has shown much support for our organization by helping out with our fish fry, sponsoring masses at Duquesne with us, and much more!
Our brothers of Phi Kap help each and every day to succeed in school as well as in leadership and life. We strive day to day to live up to Duquesne’s mission of serving God by serving students as well as our motto of “Give, Expecting Nothing Thereof.”
Why Are We Crowdfunding?
Duquesne University has established Greek Life Student Support Funds for each sorority and fraternity on campus. These gift accounts allow us to accept donations, which we can use to help cover the costs of our most immediate needs. Examples of how these funds may be used:
- Pay for transportation, meals, etc. for brothers to attend the Phi Kappa Theta National Conference this year in Orlando Florida, Thursday August 2nd-Sunday August 5th.
- Provide extra amenities/upgrades for the new Phi Kappa Theta wing.
- Provide student programming, scholarship and additional chapter needs for our members.
* Use of all donations must be approved by Rebecca Mickler, Director of Greek Life, and Sarah Sperry, Assistant Vice President, Alumni Engagement.
Please Donate Today!
It would mean so much to us to see our Phi Kappa Theta alumni, family and friends from around the world donate to our campaign. Even a donation of $10 will make a difference! If you have any questions about our Phi Kappa Theta chapter, please feel free to contact our Phi Kappa Theta President, Duquesne Senior, Jake Ivory at Ivoryj@duq.edu.
Connect with Us on Social Media and Help Spread the Word of Our Campaign!
Learn more about our chapter of Phi Kappa Theta by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and please promote this page on your social media channels to help spread the word of our campaign! #DuqPhiKaps