Alpha Gamma Delta
Welcome to our Crowdfunding Page!
We are the active sisters of Duquesne University’s Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta! We would like to take this time to thank you for checking out this page for our crowdfunding campaign! As the sisters of Alpha Gamma Delta, we focus on living on a purposeful life through sisterhood, education, and especially service. With your generosity through donations, we will be given the opportunity to strengthen these values, and even create new opportunities for future sisters to come!
Our Impact in the Duquesne Community
As sisters of Alpha Gamma Delta, we are not only very involved on Duquesne University’s campus, but in the Pittsburgh community as well. We are a diverse group of 104 women who contribute many different qualities and strengths, which inevitably leads to the success of our sisterhood. Our sisters are very involved on campus through being members of different professional and service organizations, and even holding leadership positions on executive board in these organizations. Along with having a strong presence on campus, we hold our sisters to a high academic standard. Because of these efforts, we have been awarded the Academic Excellence Award for the past few years, which is being recognized for maintaining the highest GPA on campus.
Alpha Gamma Delta’s international philanthropy focuses on Fighting Hunger. To help achieve our philanthropic goals, we partner with Meals on Wheels and Feeding America, as well as local organizations around Pittsburgh. Our chapter has been awarded Jewel Status for the past 15 years, which recognizes us for exceeding the expected amount of money we are supposed to raise for our philanthropy. In addition to raising money, we strive to bring awareness to this issue and foster Greek unity by hosting on campus events. As the sisters of Alpha Gamma Delta, we contribute to the world’s work in the community where we are placed, in Downtown Pittsburgh, through the following efforts:
- Our sorority organizes two annual large-scale philanthropic events including, our 1st annual Hunger Games in the fall and Water Wars in the spring
- Collaborate with organizations on campus, specifically St. Vincent de Paul, which is an organization that works closely with those facing homelessness in our Pittsburgh community
- Bought and assembled over 80 bags consisting of basic necessities to pass out to those in need in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Throughout the year, we organize various projects for our philanthropy, consisting of volunteering and fundraising opportunities including, St. Jubilee Soup Kitchen, hosting bake sales, organizing canned food drives etc.
Why are we Crowdfunding?
As our chapter grows and diversifies, we see potential to develop our presence in our community. In order to do this, we seek your assistance through your generosity in contributing to our cause. By donating to Alpha Gamma Delta, we will be provided with new opportunities to strengthen our sisterhood and core values in areas such as,
- Paying annual dues for our sisters who are in financial need
- Sending sisters to different service immersion opportunities
- Sending sisters to leadership conferences
- Providing student programming, scholarship and additional chapter needs
- Providing amenities or upgrades for the Alpha Gamma Delta wing
* Use of all donations must be approved by Rebecca Mickler, Director of Greek Life, and Sarah Sperry, Assistant Vice President, Alumni Engagement.
Please Donate Today!
We appreciate your consideration in contributing to our campaign. We need the help from friends, family, and alumnae to make this campaign a success! Your donations mean the world to us and even a gift of $10 can make a huge difference for our cause! If you have any questions regarding our campaign or would like to learn more about our chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta at Duquesne University, please feel free to contact our Crowdfunding chair, Haley Reid at email@example.com or our Greek Week chair Valerie Steppel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Connect with us!
Learn more about Alpha Gamma Delta at Duquesne University by following our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Help us by promoting and sharing this page on your social media accounts to spread the word of our campaign to others! #AlphaGamDuq