Welcome to Our Crowdfunding Page!
We are the active sisters of Duquesne University's Chapter of Delta Zeta and want to thank you for taking time to check out our crowdfunding campaign! As you know, we value sisterhood, education and service and a successful campaign would help us to make these efforts even stronger while also showing the Duquesne University community the strong bond we have with our alumnae, sisters, and friends.
What is Delta Zeta up to at Duquesne University?
We are very active on Duquesne's campus - committed to ensuring that our members will succeed here at Duquesne and thereafter, all the while maintaining a sisterly bond among fellow members. Some of our annual efforts include:
- We organize two large-scale annual philanthropic events: Hike for Hearing in the fall (which raised nearly $1,600 to help the Starkey Hearing Foundation build speech clinics) and Big Man on Campus in the spring (a tradition Delta Zeta started in 2002 to benefit Duquesne's Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic).
- In addition to sending proceeds to these charities, we also support local individuals who have trouble paying for health expenses due to hearing loss.
Through our efforts to aid both the Greek Life and Duquesne campus communities, Delta Zeta helps each member live out the Duquesne mission statement daily by serving God through serving others.
Why Are We Crowdfunding?
Duquesne University has established Greek Life Student Support Funds for each sorority and fraternity on campus. These gift accounts allow us to accept donations, which we can use to help cover the costs of Delta Zeta's most immediate needs. Examples of how these funds may be used:
- Pay the annual dues for sisters who are in need of financial aid so that they can remain an active member of Delta Zeta.
- Pay for transportation, meals, etc. for sisters to attend our National Convention.
- Provide extra amenities/upgrades for the Delta Zeta wing, where our executive board and most sophomores live.
- Provide student programming, scholarship and additional chapter needs, such as funding for new member events like sisterhood activities, or alumni events such as the Alumni Luncheon.
* Use of all donations must be approved by Rebecca Mickler, Director of Greek Life, and Sarah Sperry, Assistant Vice President, Alumni Engagement.
Please Donate Today!
Even a donation of $10 will make a difference! We would love to see donations from our alumnae, family, and friends. Our connection with all of you from around the world means so much to us! If you have any questions about Delta Zeta, please feel free to contact our President and Duquesne University junior Autumn Askins, firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Alumni Relations chair and Duquesne University senior Janey Walters, email@example.com.