Gamma Phi Beta
Welcome to Our Crowdfunding Page!
We are the active sisters of Duquesne University's Chapter of Gamma Phi Beta and want to thank you for taking time to check out our crowdfunding campaign! As you know, we value sisterhood, education and service and a successful campaign would help us to make these efforts even stronger while also showing the Duquesne University community the strong bond we have with our alumnae sisters and friends.
What is Gamma Phi Beta up to at Duquesne University?
We are very active on Duquesne's campus - committed to ensuring that our members will succeed here at Duquesne and thereafter, all the while maintaining a sisterly bond among fellow members. Some of our annual efforts include:
- We organize two large-scale annual philanthropic events: G Phi Joe in the fall and Moonball basketball tournament in the spring, both of which support Girls on the Run.
- We currently have 68 active members and recently just welcomed 36 new members.
- Each year we participate in Girls on the Run to fulfill our philanthropic mission of ‘Building Strong Girls.’
Through our efforts to aid both the Greek Life and Duquesne campus communities, Gamma Phi Beta helps each member live out the Duquesne mission statement daily by serving God through serving others.
Why Are We Crowdfunding?
Duquesne University has established Greek Life Student Support Funds for each sorority and fraternity on campus. These gift accounts allow us to accept donations, which we can use to help cover the costs of Gamma Phi Beta’s most immediate needs. Examples of how these funds may be used:
- Pay the annual dues for sisters who are in need of financial aid so that they can remain an active member of Gamma Phi Beta.
- Pay for transportation, meals, etc. for sisters to attend the Gamma Phi Beta National Convention at the Hyatt Regency Dallas, in Dallas, Texas from June 27 – July 1, 2018.
- Provide extra amenities/upgrades for the Gamma Phi Beta wing.
- Provide student programming, scholarship and additional chapter needs.
- To better enhance our philanthropy events to support Girls on the Run.
* Use of all donations must be approved by Rebecca Mickler, Director of Greek Life, and Sarah Sperry, Assistant Vice President, Alumni Engagement.
Please Donate Today!
It would mean so much to us to see our Gamma Phi Beta alumnae, family and friends from around the world donate to our campaign. Even a donation of $10 will make a difference! If you have any questions about Gamma Phi Beta, please feel free to contact our Gamma Phi Beta President and Duquesne University sophomore, Margaret DeConcini at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Alumni Relations chair and Duquesne University junior, Meg Schopf at email@example.com.
Connect with Us on Social Media and Help Spread the Word of Our Campaign!
Learn more about Gamma Phi Beta by following us on Facebook (Gamma Phi Beta – Duquesne University) and Instagram (@duqgammaphi) and please promote this page on your social media channels to help spread the word of our campaign!