Senior Class Giving "Pass the Hat" 2017
"Pass the Hat" Reminders!
Make Your Gift in Honor of Your Favorite Teacher: When you make your donation on this page you will have the opportunity to make your gift in honor of someone. Consider making your gift in honor of the teacher that made the biggest impact on you at Duquesne. Contact Brianna Brown and we can provide you with a thank you card to send to this teacher. You can personally deliver the card or someone from our committee would be happy to deliver it for you. It would mean the world to them!
Get Your Duquesne University Tech Tattoos! As our thanks to you, all seniors who make a gift receive free Duquesne University tech tattoos. This item will not be mailed so contact Brianna Brown to arrange for pick-up or delivery.
What is the Senior Class Giving "Pass the Hat" Campaign?
The goal of the Senior Class Giving "Pass the Hat" campaign is to get 10% of the Class of 2017 to make a donation back to Duquesne University. Gifts can be designated to your favorite area of campus (there is an area on the donation form to fill this in) and even a gift of $5 will really make a difference! This has become a tradition at many University's and started at Duquesne in 2015. By making your senior gift, you can help ensure that the amazing opportunities and experiences we have had over the past four years will continue to be available to the students who come after us.
I already pay tuition. Why should I give?
This is a totally valid concern! But the truth is tuition and fees only cover about 74.7% of University expenses. And there is so much that goes into the Duquesne experience! Donations play a major role in supporting academics, scholarships, activities, organizations, and a safe and clean environment—all of which are a vital and valuable part of our daily lives on campus.
Where will my money go?
That’s up to you! When you make your senior gift, you decide its designation. You will be able to donate to any of the following areas:
- University’s Area of Greatest Need
- Your Academic School
- Campus Ministry
- Greek Organizations
- Gumberg Library
- Student Scholarships
- Have another program in mind? Gifts can also be directed towards specific funds.
How much should I give?
- In honor of our graduation year, we suggest a gift of $20.17. However, gifts of all sizes and amounts are welcome. In the 2015 fiscal year, over 7,000 alumni and friends made gifts to the University totaling $2.3 million, and nearly 50% of these gifts were under $100! Every donation truly counts. So give what you can, and have fun doing it.
I’m in. What’s next?
There are two ways you can support this campaign:
- Donate. Make your donation online now. It only takes a few moments. Simply hit the “Give Now” button!
- Spread the Word. Help us spread the word of this campaign to fellow seniors! Share this page via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or word of mouth. All of those shares will really add up to help make the campaign a success.
Thank you for your consideration and support!
Senior Gift Committee 2017
Brianna Brown, Chair of the Senior Gift Committee
Matthew Broeren, Olivia Erickson, Emily Grecco, Heather Konstanzer, Breelyn McClernand, Daniel Priore, Shannon Prest, Ashton Salopek , Colby Simpson, Emily Squiller, James Taylor, Briana Turrisi, Nicole Van Arsdale, Shelby Wasil, Tiffany Wiedeman