Who We Are!
At Duquesne university, we are a group who is dedicated to the growth of wrestling for both men and women. We are hoping to bring this sport back to Duquesne and re-establish wrestling as a fundamental sport at the NCAA level. Duquesne previously had a D1 level wrestling program, and with time and determination, we hope to bring back the program to it’s former glory and allow the growth of this sport to create positive minded and successful athletes.
Why We Need Your Help…
We hope to continue the culture and growth of Duquesne wrestling; however, we need your support to make that happen. Your donation can help us:
- Duquesne wrestling is a club sport and consequently does not have the same level for funding as higher-level athletes do.
- Duquesne wrestlers are dedicated and passionate.
- Competition at the NCAA level brings recognition to our school. All funds support competition levels.
Ways Your Gift Can Support Us...
Without the aid provided by donors, Duquesne wrestlers have to take on the mass of the cost for gear (this includes singlets, headgear, and shoes).
- Cover the cost of travel for competition dates.
- Donors provide a support system to make our wrestlers stronger and steadfast workers!
- Wrestling is something that is growing drastically, and unfortunately, often times people who grow in an interest in the sport after high school lack the ability to gain any experience in the sport unless they practice other martial arts. By providing college students with an opportunity, we can grow the sport drastically and help people out of high school achieve dreams themselves.
Help us spread the word!
Please consider sharing our project and social media pages!
Your support and donations will also allow us to host and participate in events and practices on campus.
Men's Wrestling Instagram: @duquesnewrestling
Women's Wrestling Instagram: @duqwomen’swrestling
Thank you for your consideration!
No donation is too small; every dollar brings us a step closer toward rebuilding Duquesne Wrestling!