About the Duquesne Trumpet Studio
The Duquesne Trumpet Studio is a group consisting of trumpet majors from the Duquesne University Mary Pappert School of Music. The main objectives of this performing ensemble are to provide Duquesne trumpet students the ability to perform in a mass chamber ensemble, to compete in national and international competitions, and to represent Duquesne on an international level to students and pedagogues across the globe.
Why We Are Crowdfunding
The Duquesne Trumpet Studio is hoping to compete in the National Trumpet Competition this March at the University of Colorado - Boulder with an ensemble of five members. The studio also plans to attend the International Trumpet Guild Conference this May in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In addition to this, we are looking to expand and update our library so that we can offer the best music for our students from the rich repertoire written for our instrument.
The ITG Conference gives an opportunity for students to:
- meet a diverse mix of trumpet players from around the country and abroad
- attend masterclasses and performances
- compete in solo and excerpt divisions
- try out new instruments
- spend time in an environment where they are able to learn and grow during their time there
The NTC gives an opportunity for students to:
- perform and compete against some of the top trumpet players in the nation
- hear new repertoire be performed by colleagues
- learn from other performers and represent the talent at Duquesne
These are invaluable experiences for young artists.
Donations to our crowdfunding campaign will help to offset the costs of:
- Hotel Accommodations
- Conference Fees
Please Donate Today!
We hope you will consider donating to our campaign, as we represent Duquesne University and the Mary Pappert School of Music on an international level. Thank you!