Duquesne University Equestrian Team 2016
If you are having technical trouble making a gift online, please contact David Jakielo, A’05, GA’10, assistant director of annual giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The Duquesne University Equestrian Team (DUET), an officially recognized Club Sport at Duquesne University, provides the opportunity for students to get involved in recreational and competitive riding.
We are a small but thriving team of seven student-athlete riders who are proud to represent this great University. DUET adds to our educational experience we receive at Duquesne because it allows us to:
- Create friendships with other students who also share a love of riding
- Compete at shows with other collegiate-level riders
- Escape the hectic atmosphere of academic studies by participating in this fun and exciting sport
- Give those who have not previously ridden the opportunity to learn about and experience riding
DUET team members regularly win ribbons during season show competition for their individual riding skills. A number of our team members over the years have won individual ribbons placing in the top three.
- 2015 – team placed 7th overall in our region
- 2015 – rider placed 4th at regionals
- 2014 – riders placed 2nd and 6th at regionals
We now need the support of alumni, family and friends to help take our efforts to the next level!
Why Do We Need Donations?
DUET riders are tasked with all:
- Personal expenses for traveling to regular season and regional show competitions
- Personal coaching fees for the fall and spring seasons
- Coaching fees for each show
- Show travel costs
- Riding apparel
Duquesne is also hosting a show this year, which needs financial support to help cover the fees of:
- Ribbons awarded to all riders
- Individual prizes for 1st place
- Judges’ hotel fees.
Due to these expenses, cost is a main reason students do not join DUET. Donations will help to off-set these costs, lessen the financial burden on students and continue a vigorous team that will give other students the chance to be involved in future seasons.
More specifically, the funds will be used during the 2016 season to provide each individual DUET rider the chance to compete in at least two classes at each show.
How You Can Help…
There are two main ways you can keep the Duquesne University Equestrian Team alive and thriving with talented riders:
- Please make a donation today by clicking on the “Give Now!” button. Even a donation of $10 will help us reach our goal!
- Do you know someone with a passion for riding who might be interested in supporting our team? Please tell them about this campaign and share this link – www.spirit.duq.edu/duet16 – on social media.
Out of all the Club Sports and Athletic Teams at Duquesne University, DUET is the FIRST to host a crowdfunding campaign on Spirit. A successful campaign will help make others aware that Duquesne has a prominent Equestrian Team on campus that our alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends can all be proud of. Go Dukes!