Duquesne University Delta Zeta 2016
Welcome to the Delta Zeta Kappa Xi Chapter at Duquesne University Crowdfunding Page!
We are the active sisters of Duquesne University's Chapter of Delta Zeta and want to thank you for taking time to check out our crowdfunding campaign! As you know, we value sisterhood, education and service and a successful campaign would help us to make these efforts even stronger while also showing the Duquesne University community the strong bond we have with our alumnae sisters and friends.
A successful campaign would also be historic as we are the first Greek Life organization to host a crowdfunding campaign at Duquesne University!
Why Are We Crowdfunding?
Duquesne University has established Greek Life Student Support Funds for each sorority and fraternity on campus. These gift accounts allow us to accept donations, which we can use to help cover the costs of Delta Zeta's most immediate needs. Examples of how these funds may be used:
- Pay the annual dues for sisters who are in need of financial aid so that they can remain an active member of Delta Zeta.
- Pay for transportation, meals, etc. for sisters to attend the Delta Zeta National Convention at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, Florida July 6-9, 2016.
- Provide extra amenities/upgrades for the Delta Zeta wing.
- Provide student programming, scholarship and additional chapter needs.
* Use of all donations must be approved by Rebecca Mikler, Director of Greek Life, and Sarah Sperry, Director of Alumni Relations.
What is Delta Zeta up to at Duquesne University?
We are very active on Duquesne's campus - committed to ensuring that our members will succeed here at Duquesne and thereafter, all the while maintaining a sisterly bond among fellow members. Some of our annual efforts include:
- We organize two large-scale annual philanthropic events: Hike for Hearing in the fall (which raised nearly $5,000 to help the Starkey Hearing Foundation build speech clinics) and Big Man on Campus in the spring (a tradition Delta Zeta started in 2002 to benefit Duquesne's Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic).
- We also host many smaller fundraisers, one of which benefits The Painted Turtle Camp - Delta Zeta's National Service Project.
- In addition to sending proceeds to these charities, we also support local individuals who have trouble paying for health expenses due to hearing loss.
Through our efforts to aid both the Greek Life and Duquesne campus communities, Delta Zeta helps each member live out the Duquesne mission statement daily by serving God through serving others.
Please Help Us Make History and Donate Today!
It would mean so much to us to see our Delta Zeta alumnae, family and friends from around the world donate to our campaign. Even a donation of $10 will make a difference! If you have any questions about Delta Zeta, please feel free to contact our Delta Zeta President and Duquesne University junior Jacqueline O'Toole at email@example.com.
Other Ways to Help: Connect with Us on Social Media and Help Spread the Word of Our Campaign!
Learn more about Delta Zeta by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and please promote this page (www.spirit.duq.edu/deltazeta16) on your social media channels to help spread the word of our campaign! #DUQDeltaZeta