Help provide Duquesne University Circle K students with the opportunity to expand their community service efforts throughout Pittsburgh. Your donation helps Duquesne students AND those in need who they serve!
What is Circle K & Why Do We Need Funds?
Duquesne University's chapter of Circle K is a student-led organization that strives to provide our members with the opportunity to serve the greater Pittsburgh community through fellowship, leadership and service. This academic year, 70+ dedicated students have already donated 1,100 hours of community service. If you decide to donate to this campaign, you not only support us Duquesne University students but also the many lives we impact through service. Follow Circle K on Facebook.
How Will My Donation Help Circle K Students?
Your support of this campaign will provide us with the necessary resources to increase our service efforts throughout Pittsburgh. These opportunities allow us to:
- Live out Duquesne University's mission of providing service to those in need
- Learn more about the Pittsburgh community
- Develop lasting friendships with the individuals and organizations we work with
- Realize the importance of giving back to the community
- Enrich our educational experience while at Duquesne
How Will My Donation Help the Greater Pittsburgh Community?
A successful crowdfunding campaign would allow us to take our volunteer efforts to the next level by being more involved at the Ronald McDonald House (a "home away from home" for families of seriously ill children in Pittsburgh), Family House (a "home away from home" for patients and their families who are seeking medical treatment at Pittsburgh-area hospitals) and Haven (a long-term care facility for seniors in the North Hills of Pittsburgh). The funds would allow us to:
- Provide and serve dinner to families we visit at the Ronald McDonald House
- Purchase snacks that we can provide to the senior citizens we play Bingo with on Sunday's at Haven
- Expand our outreach so that we can begin volunteering at Children’s Hospital, where we want to plan parties for the children
- Purchase materials for service projects, such as making blankets for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Children's Hospital
- Also, this year we would like to launch a Day of Service at Duquesne. Donations will allow us to purchase the materials to decorate mugs for cancer patients, make dog toys for the Humane Society and other in-house service projects.
Please Donate Today!
Circle K isn't just another volunteer club, it's a place where we feel like we can be ourselves and dedicate ourselves to others. Your donation will allow us to expand our club's funding so that we can help create a better place for everyone to live in, while embracing the Mission of Duquesne University. Please use the “Give Now” button to donate today and support our efforts!
Don't Forget to Spread the Word
Please help spread the word about this campaign to family and friends via social media! Use the convenient "Share" buttons on this page. Don't forget to include a link to this page www.spirit.duq.edu/circlek16 and use the hashtag #DUQCircleK2016.
Contact Sarah Sprauer, project owner, Duquesne University senior biology major and Circle K President, at email@example.com, or David Jakielo, A’05, GA’10, assistant director of annual giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION & SUPPORT!